Sunday, October 17, 2010

31 Days of Halloween: The Mummy (1932)

Okay, a bit of an unusual entry today. I had a nice, long piece written about one of my favorite movies, 1932's The Mummy, starring Boris Karloff.  I often type these pieces in a word processor, saving regularly, in case of a power outage or something. I'm a little rushed today, so I was typing directly into blogger, which autosaves every couple of seconds. While typing the final line, my finger slipped and I hit some combination of keys that highlighted and erased everything I had written. (This has actually happened a couple of times before, but I was using a word processor, and exited without saving, and just reloaded my save. Not an option in this case.) I froze for a second, wondering what the hell had happened, and then the autosave kicked in. After letting out a string of curse words that would kill the Pope, I decided I'm just too irritated about losing all that work to re-type it just now. So, for now, I'll just leave you with a few cool photos from the movie, and the promise that I'll get around to re-typing the full entry later in the week. So, you can look forward to a double entry later this week!



































































































No comments:

Post a Comment