Wednesday, August 26, 2026
Rant Review: Wanderlust: Rajasthan 500 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle (Spin Masters, art by Muhammed Sajid)
This was an Ollie's find late last year. The box was bashed in badly enough that I could check inside to ensure that the bag of pieces was sealed. It was cheap and I loved the art, so I grabbed it despite the damage. With its solid purple and floral border, it was clear that this was the sort of puzzle where you're better off doing the edge last, so I set that tray aside after sorting. Somehow I got the idea that I was going to do the big pink scarf first. It didn't take too long for the scarf to inform me that that would not, in fact, be happening, so I pivoted to the banner at the top featuring the camel and peacock. I then began piecing together the edges of the scarf between bouts of working on the background. I feel like that scarf gave me more trouble than it really should have, but once it was finished, the entire puzzle was done shortly afterward.
This is the first puzzle I've done from Spin Masters, and given what I know of the brand, I had my expectations on the low end of the spectrum. It met those head-on, with thin pieces that often had a mushy fit, quite a few creased and partially delaminated pieces, and a fair bit of dust. There were no false fits, however, even with the solid purple border. The included poster is actually large enough to be of assistance, should you need it. Working this puzzle was not a bad experience, but at no point did I forget that I was doing a budget puzzle. I love the art enough that I will likely grab others in the series if I see them at a similarly low price.
Labels:
Puzzles,
Rant Review,
Spin Masters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment