Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Rant Review: Mondo 2002/200x Skeletor Figure Timed Edition


I wasn't expecting this until next month, but you won't hear me complaining! Much of my stuff is packed up and I don't currently have a good photo setup since I'm moving soon, but I took some quick and dirty pics, including some comparisons with what I have handy, of the Mondo 2002 Skeletor timed edition.  There's a special guest star if you make it to the end. 😉
 
Some initial thoughts: The figure and the accessories feel great, very high-quality. Everything has its own wrapping within the packaging, so it's well-protected. The articulation is great, and joints move well and hold poses. The chest is a soft, rubbery material that aids with posing, but I'm a bit worried about how it will hold up over time. If the chest on this thing is cracking and splitting in a year or two, Mondo will have some very displeased customers to deal with. The cloak is very well-made and the wires aid greatly in posing, but I don't know if I'll be using it most of the time. I'll have to work to find display poses that don't have the cloak covering too much of the figure.
 
The skull plates lock firmly into position within the hood, though I wish a pry tool or something was included to aid with removing them, as I always feel as if I might be on the verge of breaking something. And maybe it's just my big meaty hands, but plugging the straps into the back of the chest armor is very finicky, easily the only thing about the figure (other than the price) that has truly annoyed me. The hold seems firm, though, and I don't expect it to be unfastening on its own.
 

This is the only time I've sprung for one of Mondo's very pricey figures, and likely the only time I will, but the level of quality here doesn't have me regretting my purchase. I've waited for a high-quality figure of this design for 24 years, and I finally have it! My sole complaint is that they didn't include a skull plate that actually looks like the 2002 toy! That seems like a huge oversight. This figure is awesome, though, and I'm damn glad I sucked it up and paid for the timed edition. Keep scrolling for plenty more photos!
 














No comments:

Post a Comment