Wednesday, August 12, 2026
Rant Review: Neon 1980s 500 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle (RoseArt, artist uncredited)
I've been mostly avoiding buying new puzzles for months, but when I saw this on sale for $6, I couldn't resist it. I tend to like puzzles with vibrant colors, so this was right up my alley! The uncredited artist pretty much nailed the vibe, all without infringing on any copyrights. (Though just barely, in a few cases!) A few of the objects are really identified a bit more with the 70s or '90s, but as they did exist in the '80s, I reckon it's fair to include them. The pieces are thin but sturdy, printed on a black board. The fit is nice and snug, but not so tight that they'll be prone to damage during disassembly. There was a good deal of dust, but not Ravensburger level or anything. I did have a few pieces with a minor defect; a thin line ran across several pieces, and it looks as if something scraped against the puzzle before it was cut into pieces. It's not super noticeable, and given how cheap this puzzle was, I'm really not fussed over it. RoseArt seems to be a rather unpopular brand among some online puzzling communities, but I've enjoyed the pair I've done well enough. I won't be running out to buy them by the cartload, but they're quite decent quality for such cheap puzzles. It'll be interesting to see if their larger ones are better or worse if I ever come across a larger one I like.
Labels:
1980s,
Puzzles,
Rant Review,
RoseArt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment