Monday, October 26, 2015

Saturday night's outdoor showing of Nosferatu

As you may have gathered from the title, there was an outdoor showing of Nosferatu Saturday night. Presented by Little Dog Cinema, it was hosted by T-Bone's Records, and the band Invincible Czars performed a live musical accompaniment that is my favorite of all I've heard for the film. I've seen this film dozens of times, and heard many different musical accompaniments for it, so that is no faint praise. I had to pick up the CD afterward. It was interesting to observe the reactions of the audience, knowing that nearly all of them were viewing their first silent film. I saw a couple of people leave early on, during the rather slow first fifteen minutes of the film, but most seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. Thankfully, despite a very cloudy day, there was no rain. Frankly, you couldn't have ordered better weather. By the time the movie began, the heat of the day had subsided, and there was a nice steady breeze. All in all, it was a marvelous time, and I'm damn glad I was able to make it. Scroll down for a few photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment